Hook size: 5.00 mm
See the thyme green cardigan I made: here.
See the tan and jade cardigan I made: here (6 mo).
Note: When I counted after row 6, I had 92 stitches instead of 97. (This is the 3rd time I've used this pattern and each time I have the same problem.) To compensate, follow the pattern as written, but make 6 bobble sets where it says to make 7. It should work out perfectly to the end of the row. (Also, crochet into the 19th stitch when you're making the armholes.)
- first row: (turn corner) *2 hdc for each bobble row and for each triple crochet row* up front edge
- top corner: (after 2 hdc) ch, hdc, ch, sc
- top collar: *sc*
- second row (front edging): *hdc in back loop only* (no button holes, if buttons can fit through hdc sts)
- top corner: hdc, ch, sc
- top collar (second row): *sc, decrease after 3 sts*
- pattern: here
- to start, sc to turn corner (no ch)
- only make 5 sts in each scallop