- glass containers/jars/vases ($1.25 @ Dollarama)
- twine ($10 @Walmart)
- glue gun (free, if you have a roommate who owns one) ;)
- Place your glue gun on a surface that you don't care about (an old cereal box works well), and plug it in.
- Cut the end of the twine on an angle so it's not a blunt edge.
- Place a small dot of glue on the bottom edge of your glass vase and press the tip of the twine into it. Hold it there until the glue has cooled considerably.
- Start wrapping the vase. Keep the twin taut so that the rows will sit closely together once you are finished wrapping.
- When the twine rows are at a height that you like, cut the twine on an angle again, and hold in place on a new glue dot right there. Try to make sure this top end is lined up with the end you started with at the bottom. That way, you can turn the vase so the ends aren't visible when you have the vase on display in your home.